- Water Quality at Pebble Prospect Drill Rig #6, South Fork Koktuli River, Bristol Bay, Alaska 22-23 Oct. 2011
Dr. Carol Ann Woody, Fisheries Research & Consulting Dr. Kendra Zamzow, Center for Science in Public Participation (CSP2) Molly Welker, Bristol Environmental Remediation Services, LLC Sarah O’Neal, Fisheries Research & Consulting.
Final Report: 9 July 2012
- U.S. Copper Porphyry Mines Report
The track record of water quality impacts resulting from the pipeline spills, tailings failures and water collection and treatment failures.
Earthworks, July 2012
- An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Seattle WA
- Fisheries and Hard Rock Mining: AFS Symposium Synopsis
O'Neal, S. L. and R.M. Hughes. 2012.
American Fisheries Society
- Canada’s Fraser River: Reasons for sockeye salmon declines with a comparison to Bristol Bay.
O'Neal, S. L. and C. A. Woody. 2011.
Fisheries Research and Consulting
- Long Term Risks of Tailings Dam Failure.
David M Chambers, PhD, Bretwood Higman, PhD.
- Linked reports on the Nushagak and Kvichak River areas
- The mining law of 1872: Change is overdue.
Woody, C. A., R. M. Hughes, E. J. Wagner, T. P. Quinn, L. H. Roulson, L. M. Martin, and K. Griswold. 2010.
Perspective: Policy. Fisheries 35(7):321-331.
- Acid Mine Drainage and Effects on Fish Health and Ecology: A Review
For the US Fish and Wildlife Service. Prepared by the Reclamation Research Group LLC.
- Abandoned Mine Lands in the Department of Interior.
U.S. Department of the Interior Office of the Inspector General, Audit Report. 2006.
- Watching water: A guide to evaluating corporate risks in a thirsty world
Marc Levinson. Environmental, Social, and Governance Research.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., Global Equity Research.
- Pebble Engineering Geology: Discussion of Issues.
David M Chambers, Ph.D., Center for Science in Public Participation.
- Potential Impacts of the Proposed Pebble Mine on Fish Habitat and Fishery Resources of Bristol Bay.
William J. Hauser, Fish Talk, Consulting.
- Pebble Mine: Hydrogeology and Geochemistry Issues.
Robert E. Moran, Ph.D., Michael-Moran Assoc., LLC, Water Quality/Hydrogeology/Geochemistry, Golden, Colorado, U.S.A.
- Reported tailings dam failures: A review of the European incidents in the worldwide context.
M. Rico, G. Benito, A.R. Salgueiro, A. D'iez-Herrero, H.G. Pereira, ScienceDirect Journal of Hazardous Materials
- Predicting Water Quality problems at Hardrock Mines.
Alan Septoff, Earthworks
- Tailings Impoundment Failures: Are Geotechnical Engineers Listening?
Michael P. Davies, Geotechnical News
- Stewardship of Tailings Facilities
T.E. Martin, M.P. Davies, S. Rice, T. Higgs and P.C. Lighthall.
AMEC Earth & Environmental Limited, Burnaby, B.C. Canada. AMEC Simons Ltd., Vancouver, B.C., Canada.